At a Chamber of Commerce meeting recently someone mentioned that they were using niche blogging, but you didnt have a chance to ask what that was. So what is niche blogging?
You already have a blog set up for your business, but what would happen if you set up blogs that could be used in your business from different angles. In other words what if you took a vertical move and created more than one blog that crossed several industries? These multiple approaches are called niche blogging and are a way to greatly expand your influence.
- For example, you run a business selling cleaning services and products. In your initial blog you talk about things related to your cleaning business. What if you started blogs that go into detail on how to clean various surfaces, items and how-to techniques?
- In that blog you dont talk about the business, instead you just give information on cleaning. Discuss helpful cleaning tips and then at the end of each post place a link to your main website. If you are talking about supplies, link to your page of cleaning supplies that you have on sale.
- In another blog you might write about the importance of having proper people come to clean up after events or on a regular basis. You can go into detail about how different events have different needs, for example a Bar Mitzvah full of excited children would need a crew that is used to tackling strange stains on the floors of a venue. In another post you might discuss in-home cleaning schedules. Be sure to put a link back to your page of services.
The benefits to niche blogging include adding backlinks to your website, which makes your site into an authority site. Also links to your website from sites that seem to be unrelated will give your site help when it comes to search engines. As long as you provide valuable content on your niche blogs, these links will push your SEO ratings up on your website.
Another plus for niche blogs is that they target different audiences that your first blog site might miss as well as provide an instant website where clients can buy the products or services they need. If you are a local business, you might win an important contract based on the information you wrote about in home cleaning techniques.
If you spend some time thinking it through, you will be able to come up with many vertical markets that you havent been addressing. You can create a blog in those niches and get ahead of your competition. All you need to do is think of lots of different ways that your services or products could be used that you havent thought about before. Then comes the hard part as you decide who is going to write these blogs and maintain them.
Niche blogging is a wonderful business approach that will put you way ahead as your business gains more views and more people pay attention to your information. The more you diversify, the more different your audiences will become, which will lead to more success for your business.
Are you niche blogging? What have been the benefits? Have you had any problems? Please comment below. Thank you.
- Will Niche Blogging Work for You? (stayonsearch.com)
- A One Year Experiment in Blogging: Lessons in Content (bigbaddie.com)