In 2013 I first published this article. I'd like to know how far along you are with your 40+ landing pages? It's not easy to create of an item you want potential clients to click on your call-to-action. Getting the call-to-action written to attract a particular persona is not easy. Keeping track of those who offer their email to see what you are offering is not easy. For this reason I think that Hubspot software makes all these processes easier. So I ask you once again-How many landing pages are on your website?--Jaco
Landing pages are important pages of websites because a website is mostly static, without many changes per page. A blog should be alive, but it has to be found. Landing pages, and there should be lots of them, are pages that your potential clients have chosen to land on and might choose to answer a call-to-action.
There is interaction between the website and the client. When people interact with a landing page, they are telling you that they are interested in whatever your offer is. They might be interested enough to come back again and become a buying client.
You need to create many landing pages because you need to have many offers to entice the different kinds of potential customers. Some need basic information or a white paper, and other are ready for you to contact them.
The more landing pages on your site the better. It has been proven by analytics that companies with 40+ landing pages get 12 times more leads than those with 5 or less. (via HubSpot--Why You (Yes, You) Need to Create More Landing Pages).
Many landing pages
To have 40+ landing pages, you need to have 40+ offers. The good news is you don't have to create them all today or else.
- You can take time to create offers about things that your customers are interested in.
- You might want to create a white about answering those questions that you in person have answered more times than you care to count? That’s a good place to start creating guides, white papers, reports or whatever you want to call them.
- Finally, you need to have different kinds of presentations to catch the interest of the different learning styles of your potential clients. Some will like webinars, others ebooks, slide shows or podcasts that they can download and listen to while in the car or on a run. Your visual learners will gravitate to videos. Do you have plenty of each?
Start with what you have
You most likely have some great information already. You can:
- Repurpose written articles to fit different target markets, places in a sales funnel, and presentations.
- Do such simple things are changing the formatting, rewriting to a different reading level, adding some examples.
- Put some of your blogs together to create new PDFs, reports, webinars, etc.
- Take some of the data you have been compiling and create an infographic to add to your report.
All these changes you make to your basic offers can easily go on different landing pages appealing to different members of your target market.
Do you now feel closer to your 40+ great offers? You don’t have to wait until you have done all these before creating those wow landing pages. Start from where you are now.
Perhaps you will want to remove some of the old landing pages and create new ones for the old offers. That is what is so great about landing pages. Since they are alive, you can do a/b testing to see which work better. Your website will flourish, and as you near the magic 40 number, you can watch your percentage of leads flourish as well.
How many landing pages are on your website?
When you are ready to learn more about inbound marketing and landing pages we would love to sit down with you for a Complimentary Inbound Marketing Session. During this session we will help you to "dig" into your goals and identify what is stopping you from achieving your goals. With that out of the way we'll discuss inbound marketing and what you can do to use it to grow your business. Call BroadVision Marketing at 707-799-1238 or click the big obnoxious orange button below for your complimentary inbound marketing strategy session…
Image: Lots of landing pages from Landing Pages for Lead Generation slide 16
Jaco Grobbelaar is the owner and CMO of BroadVision Marketing. BroadVision Marketing works with business owners to put in place inbound and outbound marketing strategies that consistently secure new clients. The BroadVision Marketing Training Center is located in Petaluma, CA and primarily serves companies in the San Francisco Bay area.