Business blogging is a powerful low-cost marketing tool when you look at all the other marketing tools available. Its power is in the fact that you are writing about what you know. While it takes time, your knowledge is the value added if you have taken the time to learn how to use blogging properly. There is a big caveat here. Do not expect your blog to get you instant clients, customers or even readers. Expect little and you will be surprised when things work out. Expect instant success and you will be disappointed.
Here are some pointers for the beginning business bloggers:
- At first do not expect any value from your blogging. You want to build up your blog as quickly as possible so I suggest that you blog every day for 30 days to make your blog look successful. This will give you content on your website and lots of writing practice. Its also a super challenge that many bloggers take.
- If you write a blog that you think is a positive winner, save it for later. Dont post it that first month. Give people time to find your website before you start giving them the great stuff. Now if you have something that is timely, you do want to publish that now, no matter how great it is.
- Monitor how your blog is doing. Are you getting traffic? Check to see which topics get more views. Remember that at first your friends could be checking out your blog, especially if you ask them to see if they like it. So they are not your target market.
- Track referrals. Get some tracking software that will help you see where you got referrals from search engines, social networks, other blogs and email newsletters. You can easily identify what is working with this help.
- All blogs improve over time. Each post will be more valuable than the one before. You will find as you consistently keep blogging, keep you website fresh and not stagnant that you will have an increase of traffic, more referrals, business growth and your search engine rank will improve. The only thing you have to do is keep blogging. You will find that it gets easier to do and that your content will get better and better.
Blogging is one of the most effective marketing tools in your arsenal. You can use it to reach your target audience. It will enhance your social marketing strategy, improve your search engine optimization and will make you an expert in the eyes of your audience. While of low cost, if you blog correctly, blogging can be one of the most valuable marketing platforms in your business.
Jaco Grobbelaar, owner of BroadVision Marketing, helps business owners and business professionals put marketing strategies in place that consistently secure new clients. He can be reached at email@example.com or 707.799.1238. You can Like him at www.facebook.com/broadvisionmarketing or connect with him on www.linkedin.com/in/JacoGrobbelaar.
- Business Blogging: Essential for Business Reach (socialmediatoday.com)
- Blogging for Small Businesses - Starting with a Bang (famousbloggers.net)