We see 'content marketing' as a foundation for inbound marketing. And the numbers show it works and in a big way!
Okay. To be fair, there are some ideas about both content marketing and inbound marketing out there. Some "gurus" tout one over the other, or dismiss one while promoting the other. Are they the same? Are they different?
We see content creation and publishing - content marketing, if you will - as an integral and fundamental component of the larger strategy of inbound marketing. While one might argue that you could build an inbound marketing strategy without content marketing at it's core, we see this as having a car without an engine. Overstatement? Perhaps.
But the fact is, the overall trend across the board for businesses is an marked increase in the use of content marketing.
In fact, 2017 is on course to be the biggest year yet for content marketing as a major strategy.
Does Content Marketing Really Work?
Whether you publish a blog post, a white paper, or launch an email campaign - your content serves to attract, engage, and move your audience. And your audience should be the right people for your service or product. In other words, quality leads or prospects.
Easy to say, but does it really work?
Here is a round-up of 10 more telling statistics on content marketing illustrating it's decisive role in driving inbound marketing success:
- Brands relying on inbound marketing save over $14 dollars for every new customer acquired. [www.stateofinbound.com]
- Leaders in using content marketing strategy see 700% more site traffic than non-leaders [www.kapost.com]
- Two thirds of B2B marketers say content is useful across all channels, including events, social, demand generation, etc. according to Kapost's Content Ideas research
- According to the 2015 IBM Digital Experience Survey, 56% of marketers believe that personalized content promotes higher engagement rates.
- Inbound marketing delivers 54% more leads into the marketing funnel than traditional outbound marketing. [www.stateofinbound.com ]
- Although content marketing costs at over 60% less than outbound marketing, it generates more than three times as many leads as outbound tactics.
- Adopting an inbound strategy doubles average website conversion rates, from 6% to 12% [www.stateofinbound.com ]
- For every $1 spent, email gives back a whopping $38 in ROI, and offers the broadest reach [www.campaignmonitor.com]
- You are six times more likely to get someone to click-through to your website via email than you are from Twitter.
- And, lastly, 4.24% of visitors from email marketing buy something as compared to 2.49% of visitors from search engines and just 0.59% from social media, according to Monetate.
Is Content Marketing Right For My Business?
The short answer is, "Yes."
Because the nature of content is that it can take so many forms and be published and distributed in so many different channels, any enterprise can successfully leverage the power of content marketing.
The real question for most businesses isn't whether they should pursue inbound marketing through content, but how? While it is an effective and relatively low-cost alternative to traditional advertising, it is also somewhat labor intensive. Face it: someone has to create the content. Not to mention manage it, track it, re-purpose it, and so on.
So here is one more important statistic: according to one resource, 73% of major organizations indicated that they hire someone to manage their content marketing strategy. Whether that is bringing someone in-house, or outsourcing to an inbound marketing agency, getting expert help makes the process infinitely better.
How To Start Your Inbound Marketing Strategy With Content
Using content with an inbound marketing strategy can do wonders for your business. With inbound marketing, getting your message out there is easier than ever before. But achieving your marketing objectives with a content marketing strategy takes time. It won't happen with a few blog posts or great email series.
People will need to consume your content for a while before they contact you. Yet, without your content compelling them to contact you, your goals may never be met.
The good news is that you don't have to figure out alone. In fact, one of the best investments you can make with your marketing budget is to partner with a solid firm like BroadVision marketing.
As a bonus, you can find an additional 10 statistical persuaders for the content marketing by clicking on the big button below. In addition, if you want to learn more about inbound marketing, click the link here to get your free Complimentary Inbound Marketing Session so you can make an informed decision, or call BroadVision Marketing at 707-799-1238.